The Student Room Group

self funding university - can i pay in installments?

i attended university from 2021-2023 but made the decision to drop out due to wanting to embark on a different career path. essentially i have utilised my gift year, so i’m under the impression i will be self funding my tuition fees as i plan to return to university next year doing a different course. how does self funding work? i’m hoping that i would be able to pay in installments if that’s possible? do they enable monthly installments or could i split it into 3 different payments throughout the year at least.
Original post by ymzui
i attended university from 2021-2023 but made the decision to drop out due to wanting to embark on a different career path. essentially i have utilised my gift year, so i’m under the impression i will be self funding my tuition fees as i plan to return to university next year doing a different course. how does self funding work? i’m hoping that i would be able to pay in installments if that’s possible? do they enable monthly installments or could i split it into 3 different payments throughout the year at least.

How many year of previous study do you have and what course will you be doing? The funding calculation is:

length of new course + 1 gift (year) - years of previous study

So if, for example, you have 2 years of previous study and your new course is 3 years: 3 + 1 - 2 = 2 years of funding. In this case you would have to pay the tuition fee for the first year, but the second and third years would be funded.

You would need to contact your uni to ask for details of its fee payments plan.
Reply 2
2 years of study, i used the gift year as i had to repeat a module

Quick Reply