The Student Room Group

Engineering vs Physics at uni

I'm currently torn between which course to choose at university and would like some help about what each course may generally consist of what the prospects for graduates are.

Personally, I find the ideas within physics much more interesting. However, I find the application of theory within engineering every intriguing.

Thanks for any words of advice : )
hiii
I assume that you take physics, I would talk to your physics teacher, see what they say
Original post by Llewellyn321
I'm currently torn between which course to choose at university and would like some help about what each course may generally consist of what the prospects for graduates are.
Personally, I find the ideas within physics much more interesting. However, I find the application of theory within engineering every intriguing.
Thanks for any words of advice : )

have you done any online courses for either? perhaps go to open days specifically for physics/engineering and then decide? also, how much maths do you want to do? even though engineering is maths heavy, physics is a lot more so, so be prepared whichever one you choose
Original post by skitter12
have you done any online courses for either? perhaps go to open days specifically for physics/engineering and then decide? also, how much maths do you want to do? even though engineering is maths heavy, physics is a lot more so, so be prepared whichever one you choose

Yeah, I definitely recommend going to open days as it's really interesting to be in the environment that you will study in as well

Quick Reply