The Student Room Group

Tips for A level English Language (AQA)

any advice will be appreciated! i’m finding it hard managing as there are so many theorists and terminology
Original post by ilovesza
any advice will be appreciated! i’m finding it hard managing as there are so many theorists and terminology

I did AQA English Language. Watch Paul Heselton's yt videos. I assume you have the Oxford Course Book? Also, get Tom Hollins' Ultimate Guide to ALevel English Language. It is soo good, has the theories nicely written out and has example answers. Look on the AQA website fir exemplars, mark schemes etc. Firstratetutors, Mr Smith english, mr bruff, "alevel english Language" and alice preece yt videos are also good. Some of them focus on explaining theories, some are on AOs. Watch them all. Alice Preece has a video with a googledocs link to all her mindmaps, exemplars and A*/A model answers. I can't think of anything else atm but do ask if you have any questions! I will try and explain as best as I can if you need help.

I also recently posted a thread called Anybody have Model Answers for English Language ALevel?. Anelpe replied with a link to their own model answers. https://smallpdf.com/file#s=48b76e60-c7f9-44c1-994b-930dda991bea . Please thank them if you find those useful!

Quick Reply