The Student Room Group

Second degree

Hello, I have graduated Finance and Accounting and I have applied for Adult Nursing, Sept 2024. I have been rejected and I have been offered Nutrition with Foundation with the possibility to transfer to Nursing upon completion of the foundation year. Considering the fact that I have student finance before, will be posibile to access founding for the Foundation year again? Looking forward to get your thoughts. Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ayan2024
Hello, I have graduated Finance and Accounting and I have applied for Adult Nursing, Sept 2024. I have been rejected and I have been offered Nutrition with Foundation with the possibility to transfer to Nursing upon completion of the foundation year. Considering the fact that I have student finance before, will be posibile to access founding for the Foundation year again? Looking forward to get your thoughts. Thank you

Hi there,

Do you have the course details and university you will be studying this with? How long is the course? Is the course full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hi Claire,
Thank you for your quick reply.
The name of the university is University of Roehampton, the name of the course is BSc Hons Nutrition with foundation year. Full time, 4years. However, after completion I can continue to BSc Adult Nursing for another 3 years. Regards
Hi Claire,
Thank you for your quick reply.
The name of the university is University of Roehampton, the name of the course is BSc Hons Nutrition with foundation year. Full time, 4years. However, after completion I can continue to BSc Adult Nursing for another 3 years. Regards

The course that is showing is - Nutrition and Health with Foundation Year - is this correct?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
The course that is showing is - Nutrition and Health with Foundation Year - is this correct?
Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire, I’ve checked with the university, this is the corect name: Nutrition and Health with Foundation year. Thank you
Hi Claire, I’ve checked with the university, this is the corect name: Nutrition and Health with Foundation year. Thank you
Nutrition on its own is not classed as an Allied Healthcare Professional course(AHP) so isn't an exception. The course would need to be Dietetics and nutrition to be classed as a AHP course.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Thank you for the information. I anm sorry for keep on bothering you, are there any list with universities that are offering any course with a foundation year where I can apply for a second degree? This would help me explore my options further.
Thank you for the information. I anm sorry for keep on bothering you, are there any list with universities that are offering any course with a foundation year where I can apply for a second degree? This would help me explore my options further.

Have you though about doing an Access to Higher Education Diploma for a year and then reapplying to nursing (without a foundation year) for 2025 entry?

Hi there,

This isn't something we would have. You need to contact the university you wish to study to ask this.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 9
thank you so much, is highly appreciated. I am keen to change my career and the 3 year courses for second degrees are having difficult entry criteria, I believe that will be beneficial to start a course with foundation year, to be able to improve my knowledges in that particular domain. If there are any courses that I can have a look or universities will help me greatly. Once again, thank you!
thank you so much, is highly appreciated. I am keen to change my career and the 3 year courses for second degrees are having difficult entry criteria, I believe that will be beneficial to start a course with foundation year, to be able to improve my knowledges in that particular domain. If there are any courses that I can have a look or universities will help me greatly. Once again, thank you!

You're welcome!
Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire
Reply 11
Good morning, I hope you are well. I have done some research on the available courses for a second degree and found this one: https://www.bolton.ac.uk/course/PSY001-F-UOB-SX. Could you kindly confirm if this course is accredited and if there is funding available for it? Please note that I have previously completed a BSc Hons in Finance and Accounting. Thank you very much
Hi Ayan2024,

We are unable to click on links but if you can list the course details here I will be able to advise.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 13
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Ayan2024,
We are unable to click on links but if you can list the course details here I will be able to advise.
Thanks,
Calum

Hi Callum, Thank you for your reply. The name of the course is: BSc (Hons) Psychology, Full time, University of Bolton, Ucas Code C801. Is this helpful? Thank you
Hi Ayan2024,

Yes this helps. Psychology on a full time basis is not an exception course so you would not be able to get funding for this course if you already have a degree.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 15
Hi Ayan2024,
Yes this helps. Psychology on a full time basis is not an exception course so you would not be able to get funding for this course if you already have a degree.
Thanks,
Calum

Hello, thank you. I am trying to find a university in London that offers courses with a foundation year for those who already have a degree and I don't know where to check anymore. I understand that I need to apply for some specific courses, but I do not know what universities are offering that opportunity in London. Thank you
Hi Ayan2024,

You will need to speak to your university about this, we cannot advise on what course you should do.

Thanks,
Calum
Hello, thank you. I am trying to find a university in London that offers courses with a foundation year for those who already have a degree and I don't know where to check anymore. I understand that I need to apply for some specific courses, but I do not know what universities are offering that opportunity in London. Thank you

@Ayan2024 if you make a post in the Healthcare forum about what degree you would ideally like to do, other members will be able to help.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71
If you have any further questions, let us know 🙂 Thanks, SFE.
Reply 19
Hi Ayan2024,
Thanks,
Calum

Good morning, I hope you are well. Is there any chance to let me know if BSc Hons Psychology at Arden University - online Degree is an exception course? Can I apply for SFE to pay the university fee? Are there any maintenance loans available? Thank you

Quick Reply