The Student Room Group

Hpe ucl vs nottingham pol+econ vs manchester econ and finance for ib

Im looking to break into investment banking and am very confused about which university I should go to. I know the best would be UCL but I’m worried about the course not being the best as all modules are taught by the SSEES department but it’s still a target uni. On the other hand Manchester and Nottingham are both very good semi targets and the economics modules which I’m most interested in are taught by their respective departments.

Would the difference in my outcomes really be influenced by choosing to go to a semi target instead.
I have offers from both UCL and Manchester and will try to get into econ at Nottingham through clearing as it would be most ideal even though it’s highly unlikely.
Original post by username6171945
Im looking to break into investment banking and am very confused about which university I should go to. I know the best would be UCL but I’m worried about the course not being the best as all modules are taught by the SSEES department but it’s still a target uni. On the other hand Manchester and Nottingham are both very good semi targets and the economics modules which I’m most interested in are taught by their respective departments.
Would the difference in my outcomes really be influenced by choosing to go to a semi target instead.
I have offers from both UCL and Manchester and will try to get into econ at Nottingham through clearing as it would be most ideal even though it’s highly unlikely.

I would recommend going to open days as they explain the course in detail and you can evaluate which uni you like best.

Quick Reply