The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

So I've applied for student finance and the amount they have told me is not enough for me to even pay rent for my accommodation let alone travel and eat etc.
It's weird because last year I was quoted 9k maintenance loan due to my household income and this year my parents have split up and my mum works part-time and receives universal credit. I'd think I would receive more than last year due to my change in circumstances but I'm receiving half as much
What should I do?
Reply 1
Best thing to do would be to give them a call and ask for some further advice.

Hope it gets sorted for you mate.
Original post by dumb-problem
So I've applied for student finance and the amount they have told me is not enough for me to even pay rent for my accommodation let alone travel and eat etc.
It's weird because last year I was quoted 9k maintenance loan due to my household income and this year my parents have split up and my mum works part-time and receives universal credit. I'd think I would receive more than last year due to my change in circumstances but I'm receiving half as much
What should I do?

It's likely that your household income evidence has not been processed yet. You usually get an initial award of the minimum maintenance loan to ensure some funding is in place for the start of term, and then a revised award notice is issued once evidence is processed.
Original post by Terry B
Best thing to do would be to give them a call and ask for some further advice.
Hope it gets sorted for you mate.

Ok, thank you!
Original post by normaw
It's likely that your household income evidence has not been processed yet. You usually get an initial award of the minimum maintenance loan to ensure some funding is in place for the start of term, and then a revised award notice is issued once evidence is processed.

ok, thank you

Quick Reply