The Student Room Group

Geography Paper 3 Fieldwork

Do we have to go to a physical place to do fieldwork since I was not able to?
i literally didn't learn anything and i went on the trips. use class notes and make sure you know the info about the river and urban fieldwork sites. (idk which exam board you use so these may be different). You usually need to know the methods of how to do the fieldwork (e.g. measuring channel depth, width etc.), the equipment you used, how these methods could be improved and how to display your findings. you can cram in some values if you want to, but the examiner does not know the real values for the river your school went to - just give believable figures e.g. river was 4.2m wide, obviously don't put unbelievable figures like the river was 20 metres deep (you wouldn't have been able to enter the river and conduct your fieldwork if this was the case).
Original post by anonymous_user12
i literally didn't learn anything and i went on the trips. use class notes and make sure you know the info about the river and urban fieldwork sites. (idk which exam board you use so these may be different). You usually need to know the methods of how to do the fieldwork (e.g. measuring channel depth, width etc.), the equipment you used, how these methods could be improved and how to display your findings. you can cram in some values if you want to, but the examiner does not know the real values for the river your school went to - just give believable figures e.g. river was 4.2m wide, obviously don't put unbelievable figures like the river was 20 metres deep (you wouldn't have been able to enter the river and conduct your fieldwork if this was the case).

I've checked some of the past papers and specimen papers, but there's no mention of any need for this fieldwork data. Are you sure you need to do it?
Original post by WristMerchant
I've checked some of the past papers and specimen papers, but there's no mention of any need for this fieldwork data. Are you sure you need to do it?

Look at the specification

Quick Reply