The Student Room Group

If you miss one question for Economics A level will you still be able to get a A/A*?

I was doing my AS year 12 mocks for Economics Edexcel A (microeconomics) and I ran out of time for one 8 marker because I was trying to focus getting the 25 marker completed. I wrote one paragraph and an evaluation but it wasn't very good, I'm not sure whether that will mean that I will do poorly and not be able to get an A*.
Reply 1
most students that achieve the A star get 21 or more in their multiple choice. So leaving the 8 marker out or doing badly in it should not affect ur grade if u then wisely spent the time on the 25 marker. Because its ur mocks u have a lot to learn on for next time. Timing is very harsh for econ ik that so practice practice practice
Original post by boopitisme15
I was doing my AS year 12 mocks for Economics Edexcel A (microeconomics) and I ran out of time for one 8 marker because I was trying to focus getting the 25 marker completed. I wrote one paragraph and an evaluation but it wasn't very good, I'm not sure whether that will mean that I will do poorly and not be able to get an A*.

depends how well you have done in everything else
Turns out it was fine and I still managed to get 5/8 on the question but I just didn't have any evaluation points
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply