The Student Room Group

Do IT degree apprenticeships exist?

I have seen some before but I just think it's not the season for them to come out. Does anyone know anything about this? This includes stuff like software development etc. too.
yes they exist. did you try googling?
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
yes they exist. did you try googling?

Of course! They're mostly level 3/4 apprenticeships and out of London
Original post by kenrepjm

i know of technical apprentices at jp morgan, bloomberg, meta and BAE in london. they are usually studying degrees in digital/technical solutions
Reply 4

That's because it's too late for searching degree apprenticeships in IT, positions are filled. New applications will be available from around September/October. If you look at the topics in the Apprenticeship sections, you'll see that there are a lot of opportunities for IT degree apprenticeships, even with companies names, who provide them.
I have seen some before but I just think it's not the season for them to come out. Does anyone know anything about this? This includes stuff like software development etc. too.

Hi, yes, they certainly exist. I'd recommend looking into the Digital and Technology Solutions (DTS) degree apprenticeship.

This is the main degree apprenticeship for computer science/coding/software engineering and a lot of companies do this scheme.

Furthermore, Russell Group universities such as Exeter, Queen Mary and Warwick do this scheme, so it is not just obscure universities.

You can find out more about it on the Institute for Apprenticeships page - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/digital-and-technology-solutions-professional-v1-2.

FYI this is a BSc Level 6 qualification so exactly the same level as a normal university degree. Other companies include JLR, AstraZeneca, JP Morgan and Deutsche Bank. But really, loads of companies do DTS because all companies need digital services. Just have a think what industry you'd want to do computer science in. If it's finance, look at the Big Four companies. If it's engineering, look at the big engineering companies. If it's pharmaceutical, look at pharmaceutical. They all do them.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anymore information - if you want, I can send through some links to help you in the application process. Just let me know.

Otherwise, take care of yourself and good luck.

Quick Reply