The Student Room Group

5th option inquiry

Hi I am year 12 student who would like to study dentistry. I achieved all 9s at GCSE, I currently study biology, chemistry and maths and I am predicted A*A*A. I completed pharmacy as part of my work experience and I enjoyed it so I was considering Pharmacy MPharm (Hons) as my 5th option, I was wondering which universities would consider me?
Reply 1
Original post by butbut
Hi I am year 12 student who would like to study dentistry. I achieved all 9s at GCSE, I currently study biology, chemistry and maths and I am predicted A*A*A. I completed pharmacy as part of my work experience and I enjoyed it so I was considering Pharmacy MPharm (Hons) as my 5th option, I was wondering which universities would consider me?

Hii I'm in year 13 and applied to MPharm not dentistry but I have a friend whos a med applicant and they put MPharm at Nottingham uni as their 5th and got in if that helps :smile:)
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your help!
Most pharmacy schools would be very happy to have you with those grades and work experience. I recommend looking at the CUG rankings for pharmacy and picking a school near the top (but not Cambridge) that you’d like to go to
Bath welcomes 5th choice applications for MPharm- Pharmacy MPharm (Hons) (bath.ac.uk)
They will ask for a new Personal Statement but it doesnt disadvantage your application at all - Bath interviews everyone who meets the entry requirements and 99% of those interviewed get offers.

Quick Reply