The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Accommodation

I received a college placement for where i'll be staying, same with my brother. however, we were separated, this means that accommodation cost would be higher as we cant get a double room, we wouldn't be able to share a car meaning everything will be much more expensive for me. is it possible for Durham to change the allocations of the accommodations? it would be too expensive for me
Original post by 9LIZZYS
I received a college placement for where i'll be staying, same with my brother. however, we were separated, this means that accommodation cost would be higher as we cant get a double room, we wouldn't be able to share a car meaning everything will be much more expensive for me. is it possible for Durham to change the allocations of the accommodations? it would be too expensive for me

I’m not entirely sure whether they would let you change on this basis but one thing to bear in mind is that Durham have quite strict regulations on car parking permits due to limited parking so it may be difficult to have a car in Durham if you don’t meet the criteria
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by 9LIZZYS

Hiya,

Unfortunately, you can only really change/transfer college if your allocated college cannot provide for any medical/accessibility needs.

-Ghala
On the recent form sent out do you think it's worth ticking girls only wing?

Quick Reply