The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

I need module descriptors for my degree assessement

Hello,
I graduated with Biosciences undergrad and Biomedical Sciences Masters in CUC and Coventry University. I think the both qualifications combined might be enough for me to be able to get certified as biomedical scientist in the future and if not then the degree assessment will let me know what modules I am missing. The only module descriptors provided by Coventry University are from the Coventry website however the Institute of Biomedical Science got back to me with feedback that I would need those authenticated or stamped by the Coventry University but when I called the uni they told me they don't do that. I have just purchased the transcripts for both just in case the module descriptors are included but I do not have high hopes. Tomorrow I am going to the uni with everything printed out, hoping they will either stamp the module descriptors or give me a way to officially find them on authenticate document. Has someone have a similar issue? Do you know if the module descriptors are included in the transcript? I would appreciate any advice at this point.
A transcript usually only lists module titles, grades and credit weightings.

You might be better off asking for a syllabus or module option booklet for the course.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
A transcript usually only lists module titles, grades and credit weightings.
You might be better off asking for a syllabus or module option booklet for the course.

Do you know where I could find those? Or should I try to ask them about it tomorrow specifically? I have found the module descriptors on the Coventry University: Module Information Directory but its only as a webside and not a document and the institute of biomedical science needs it authenticated or stamped
Original post by zefrinaw
Do you know where I could find those? Or should I try to ask them about it tomorrow specifically? I have found the module descriptors on the Coventry University: Module Information Directory but its only as a webside and not a document and the institute of biomedical science needs it authenticated or stamped

Both might have been issued to you whilst you were there, either when enrolling or making module choices. Ask when you visit if you don’t have them.
Original post by zefrinaw
Hello,
I graduated with Biosciences undergrad and Biomedical Sciences Masters in CUC and Coventry University. I think the both qualifications combined might be enough for me to be able to get certified as biomedical scientist in the future and if not then the degree assessment will let me know what modules I am missing. The only module descriptors provided by Coventry University are from the Coventry website however the Institute of Biomedical Science got back to me with feedback that I would need those authenticated or stamped by the Coventry University but when I called the uni they told me they don't do that. I have just purchased the transcripts for both just in case the module descriptors are included but I do not have high hopes. Tomorrow I am going to the uni with everything printed out, hoping they will either stamp the module descriptors or give me a way to officially find them on authenticate document. Has someone have a similar issue? Do you know if the module descriptors are included in the transcript? I would appreciate any advice at this point.

Hi there,
I am a student ambassador and am in my 3rd year of doing a BSc in biomedical sciences. From My knowledge to be able to practice as a biomedical scientist your degree should be accredited by IBMS and/or HCPC. I am aware that the undergrad course that the Coventry university offers here is so.
As per the module directories or MIDs there is a version available on solar but unfortunately it’s not stamped by the university.
One thing you can do is try emailing your educators as they can provide you with something that has the university name on it already though it’s accessible to staff only.
And the MID versions available on solar are for students.
I hope if you try this it would get you the help you need.
Anyways, all the best! for your meeting today and I hope something productive comes out of it.
Kind regards,
Harleen.

Quick Reply