The Student Room Group

Advise for CS

Is computer science a good subject to choose if you're trying to delve deeper into logic and is it as hard as people make it out to be?
If you mean GSCE, I did the GSCE despite not being a computer science nerd lol and I found it useful to think more logically. Especially with aspects such as decomposition which can be applied to everyday life problems. It is difficult in terms of learning the coding aspect but it can also be fun to find solutions. I ended up getting a 7 which I think is really good considering I am more of a humanities/languages kind of person and did not have the passion that some people had for the subject. I would say to go for it if you are interested, just be prepared to be faced with difficult problems sometimes :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emily-05
If you mean GSCE, I did the GSCE despite not being a computer science nerd lol and I found it useful to think more logically. Especially with aspects such as decomposition which can be applied to everyday life problems. It is difficult in terms of learning the coding aspect but it can also be fun to find solutions. I ended up getting a 7 which I think is really good considering I am more of a humanities/languages kind of person and did not have the passion that some people had for the subject. I would say to go for it if you are interested, just be prepared to be faced with difficult problems sometimes :smile:

I meant A levels 😅
Original post by 101ID
I meant A levels 😅

Oh okay well then nvm I didn't take it a-level soz lol

Quick Reply