The Student Room Group

wilderness survival camping...

so. i'm going camping with girl guides, soon enough, JUST FOUND OUT there's no tents and we're 'sleeping under the stars' or building shelter, i've never camped before and uh am not delighted haha any tips on cold, rain, bathroom, etc (it's ireland and very very likely to rain) and what to wear? (other than the igg uniform which is a must) tyyyy xx
Original post by elareare
so. i'm going camping with girl guides, soon enough, JUST FOUND OUT there's no tents and we're 'sleeping under the stars' or building shelter, i've never camped before and uh am not delighted haha any tips on cold, rain, bathroom, etc (it's ireland and very very likely to rain) and what to wear? (other than the igg uniform which is a must) tyyyy xx

Thermal leggings/tops that are furry and soft inside. Ask if you're taking a sleeping bag. Warm socks. Waterproof trouser covers. Can't think of anything else atm
Original post by elareare
Take more warm clothes than you think you will need - especially socks! Take lots of plastic bags to help keep things dry, and make sure you have a waterproof coat and trousers.
Reply 3
ok ty guys ^^

Quick Reply