The Student Room Group

Nail biting

How I do I quit nail biting? I have had a really bad habit of biting nails ever since I was in 1st grade. It was really bad in 4th, to the point where I would look at someone else’s nails and want to bite their nails (gross I know). I wish that I could stop but I can’t. I’ve tried putting nail polish on my nails, but I just bite my nails ignoring the taste. And my parents both bite their nails and my dad it isn’t as bad but he still bites them. But my nails and super small and bitten. Sometimes if I’m really bored I will bite my nails to the point they’re really sore and aching.
Reply 1
Ok sorry that’s gross. I used to bite my nails in 1st grade too but that’s where it ended. If this is such a big for you (and I see why) I recommend seeing a doctor about it. Maybe a psychologist to figure what is causing you to do this. Then a dermatologist to tell you the effects to your skin this may have caused and the trauma to your nails.
Original post by GuysIDK
Ok sorry that’s gross. I used to bite my nails in 1st grade too but that’s where it ended. If this is such a big for you (and I see why) I recommend seeing a doctor about it. Maybe a psychologist to figure what is causing you to do this. Then a dermatologist to tell you the effects to your skin this may have caused and the trauma to your nails.

Ok, thank you, I will try to talk to someone about it.

Quick Reply