The Student Room Group

Did i get a first class?

If I got a 67.5% in 2nd year and a 75.something in 3rd year, is that a first class?
Original post by Anonymous
If I got a 67.5% in 2nd year and a 75.something in 3rd year, is that a first class?
It depends on how much weighting your university gives to second and third year.

Undoubtedly, though the exact final mark depends on your university's degree regulations.
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Undoubtedly, though the exact final mark depends on your university's degree regulations.

I’m not sure how my uni weighs years, I might just have to wait for the certificate 😭
I’m not sure how my uni weighs years, I might just have to wait for the certificate 😭

I don't think it matters. Most unis weigh third year more heavily than second; a few might rate them equally. In either case, your third year mark outweighs your second.

Hi there

This would normally depend on your how your course is graded- how much second and third year each weigh towards your final mark. You are mostly likely able to find this in an Undergraduate Handbook, or some similar document that sets out the marking criteria.

Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Hey, Coventry University Student Ambassador here! 👋

Calculating your final classification can be very troublesome sometimes 😔, but the fastest and best way to check this is to look into your university's academic regulations. At Coventry University, we can combine some of our years together and have very specific regulations on how grades are calculated, ensuring we get the best grade possible. Try taking a look at your university handbook or even reaching out to success coaches who could help calculate it with you! Good luck 😊

Dorna | Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply