Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how the hell do you do this
    I clicked everyone straight away and only got 36/77. which sucks.

it's easy but I can't get a high score. I even got a zero once for clicking too much.

can you give some tips on how to pass the exam cos I want to get this sorted.

ReputationRep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Keep practising. Don't click too many times for each clip; aim for about 7 or under.

ReputationRep:
    click when you would have to slow down or alter your course of driving; and do it as soon as you see it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)

it's easy but I can't get a high score. I even got a zero once for clicking too much.

i was getting exactly the same.

but i was told/found out that some of the hazards are obscure things like a cars back tyres touching the white lines on roundabouts etc...or cars sitting at junctions with their tyres on the line or bonnets over the edge.

when i re-did the exam and watched out for those things too, i passed.

before, i didnt even look for them, let alone notice, and therefore i failed.

re-try and keep an eye for that sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    but i was told/found out that some of the hazards are obscure things like a cars back tyres touching the white lines on roundabouts etc...or cars sitting at junctions with their tyres on the line or bonnets over the edge.
    think about it, son!

cars back tyres touching white lines; are they gonna move out or not? will i have to stop or will i be able to keep my speed up?

tyres on the line at junctions; are they gonna come out or will they let me go past? will i have to brake harshly?

these are standard hazards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    think about it, son!

cars back tyres touching white lines; are they gonna move out or not? will i have to stop or will i be able to keep my speed up?

tyres on the line at junctions; are they gonna come out or will they let me go past? will i have to brake harshly?

these are standard hazards!
    hehe i'd been driving a moped for over 2 years before i learnt to drive a car (in N.Ireland you dont do any exams for mopeds, you just need a provisional licence) and i'd never really paid much attention to cars straying onto lines.

i passed my driving test a year ago, and aint driven a car since, so i aint really worried

ReputationRep:
    i fear for people when you get back into a car :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    i fear for people when you get back into a car :p:
    heh it'll be like learning all over again
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Don't forget trees! trees are hazards!

I once saw a practice clip where it highlighted a tree as a hazard. There was nothing else there, just a tree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Don't forget trees! trees are hazards!

I once saw a practice clip where it highlighted a tree as a hazard. There was nothing else there, just a tree.
    lol...how the hell is that a hazard

was it in the middle of the road? or had it fallen down? then its a hazard!!

ReputationRep:
    You just have to become paranoid. Argh, a tractor! Argh, look a tree!

ReputationRep:
    you might want to try my way, it might sound stupid but it worked for me first time.

hold the mouse in your hand and click with your thumb. simple. it allows you to react faster AND you can relax and lay back in your seat. i think i was the only one laid back. give it a go.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by technik)
    lol...how the hell is that a hazard

was it in the middle of the road? or had it fallen down? then its a hazard!!
    Nope, it was a normal tree doing normal tree like things. Like standing still and not moving

(Original post by confused?)
    you might want to try my way, it might sound stupid but it worked for me first time.

hold the mouse in your hand and click with your thumb. simple. it allows you to react faster AND you can relax and lay back in your seat. i think i was the only one laid back. give it a go.
    i done that aswell when i had my test. i passed first time altho i had been told exactly what to look out for etc before the test.

ReputationRep:
    look out for old grannies crossing the road etc.

you get points for how quickly you react. so look ahead. and think about where u are

eg if ur in a town, look out for cars pulling out from car parks, over taking, moving lanes.

if youre in country look out for animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)

Same thing happened to me on my first theory test, even though I did well on the actual theory part. I saw and knew what all the hazards were but obviously didn't click within the correct time frame (maybe too early?). What I did the second time round was clicked at the beginning and clicked about a second later again to make sure the click was registered, and that worked. I was first scared to click to much, thinking it may think I was cheating but as long as you don't click in a pattern it can't really recognise it, well I hope not. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    You get about five seconds to recognise each hazard. As soon as it becomes visible, it starts some kind of clock. You have to click within the time frame to get any marks - obviously the sooner you click, the more marks you get.

Once the time frame has opened you can click as many times as you like and you won't get done for cheating. It only monitors the pattern of your clicks outside the hazard time frames. So as soon as you see a hazard, click...then click a second later and maybe a third time, just to make sure its registered.

That's what I did, and I passed.

ReputationRep:
    are you sure about that? because in the test there was this long hazard and I clicked all my clicks when the guy was getting out of the truck and it still scored me 0...

ReputationRep:
    im not so sure either. if you are on say 8 clicks already, and the real hazard starts, im pretty sure if you loads more quick clicking it will recognise cheating.

anyway, even if what mishael correct, dont rely on that. you can get more than one hazard in each clip, which is not the 'real' hazard. (and there will also be one clip which will have 2 hazards).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.