This discussion is closed.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
Well, I dunno you know, academic results aren't really relevant as long as you have compassionate feelings towards others and have watched Casualty a few times.
Well having neither, I think he is more deserving of a place. Danny_AQA, can you give me your contact details? I'll ring Cambridge on Monday so that you don't have to pay all that money to some place in the middle of nowhere.
tomcoolinguk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
heck, she didn't know what an ECG was either.

To be honest, no amount of voluntary work and what-have-you can make up for a basic lack of intelligence. If someone can't cope with A-levels (getting 3 As at A level is not exactly a challenge now..), they are likely to struggle with med school, unless they somehow metamorphose between leaving school and starting uni.

Personally, I think there are plenty of people applying who have both the academic results and the work experience, volunteering, vocational outlook etc required. There's no need to pick people who don't excel in both.
It gets worse... when told by annoyed interviewer that it was an electric cardiogram, she was like 'what? what does that do', then he mentioned the cardiac cycle... and she blurted out- whats myogenic?

She is however 6ft1 and has done loads of modelling work. Does anyone think this might have helped her?
Danny_AQA
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
I know!!!!

But you said outside the EEA all you have to do was pass PLAB 1 and 2... It's a VERY big 'all'

haha, you will find nowhere that i said "all u have 2 do" and i think all of you other people will find that physics isnt a requirement, chem n bio are, and with an A* in maths, hahah, green with envy??

hahahahaha you are all so childish!
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tomcoolinguk)
It gets worse... when told by annoyed interviewer that it was an electric cardiogram, she was like 'what? what does that do', then he mentioned the cardiac cycle... and she blurted out- whats myogenic?

She is however 6ft1 and has done loads of modelling work. Does anyone think this might have helped her?
Heck, I did some stupid stuff in my interview (not for medicine), and I'm ugly as.. a word I am not allowed to say on here. Maybe my interviewer was on drugs?
Bilal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Heck, I did some stupid stuff in my interview (not for medicine), and I'm ugly as.. a word I am not allowed to say on here. Maybe my interviewer was on drugs?
Have you gone through the process yourself of applying to medicine? What are you studying at the moment.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bilal786)
Have you gone through the process yourself of applying to medicine? What are you studying at the moment.
Um, no, that's why my interview wasn't for medicine. I'm studying biology.
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
She has a few friends who have (like myself, for example.) SHe is doing a Science.

(Sorry for the reply Rosie:p: )
Danny_AQA
Report 14 years ago
yep thats it, couldnt get in for medicine AAA, so went for the BBC of biology, thats bad, and you tar us all with the same brush, well i think you should invest in a brain cell, and re-apply in 10 years. hahaha
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Danny_AQA)
yep thats it, couldnt get in for medicine AAA, so went for the BBC of biology, thats bad, and you tar us all with the same brush, well i think you should invest in a brain cell, and re-apply in 10 years. hahaha
Indeed
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you are so confident of getting AAA, why don't you have the guts of applying to a local uni? I am sure that if you exude brilliance, like you, no university would pass up an opportunity to enrol you.
Bilal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Um, no, that's why my interview wasn't for medicine. I'm studying biology.
Cool. You don't see me saying how easy it is to get into uni to study biology, do you?
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cool. You don't see me saying how easy it is to get into uni to study biology, do you?
Yes I do. Just now infact:p:
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
haha, you will find nowhere that i said "all u have 2 do" and i think all of you other people will find that physics isnt a requirement, chem n bio are, and with an A* in maths, hahah, green with envy??

hahahahaha you are all so childish!
Pardon???

Green with envy? What are you going on about.

As for childish - for a prime example, look in a mirror...
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm actually such a tard. I wanted to do medicine, but even this really dodgy medical school run out of this bloke's front room in Iran wouldn't accept me :bawling:
Danny_AQA
Report 14 years ago
oh its easy, i have a new tutor who has barely qualified, and he says its easy, and btw, going abroad saves a year of college. so you can become a consultant at a younger age!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm actually such a tard. I wanted to do medicine, but even this really dodgy medical school run out of this bloke's front room in Iran wouldn't accept me :bawling:

Welcome to the Sarky School of Medicine. We would be happy to accept your application.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Um, i can't see you at all actually, but if you did I'd hardly contradict you.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't call yourself a 'tard. There's one person on this thread I would call a 'tard, and it's not you, hon!
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh its easy, i have a new tutor who has barely qualified, and he says its easy, and btw, going abroad saves a year of college. so you can become a consultant at a younger age!
You HAVE a tutor? niiiiice.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.86%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.57%
There's nothing they could do (105)
30%

Watched Threads