This discussion is closed.
Danny_AQA
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
indeed, you are a 1st year student, you just wait for those end of year tests, i doubt you will pass with that attitude
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

Welcome to the Sarky School of Medicine. We would be happy to accept your application.
How much will it cost me? Do I need any qualifications? I didn't acually get the BBC mentioned previously, I'm sorry but I did do textiles although I don't have any qualifications in it..
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Danny_AQA)
indeed, you are a 1st year student, you just wait for those end of year tests, i doubt you will pass with that attitude
Yup - just like I sailed through my first degree, my doctorate and my first set of med exams, not to mention Civil Service fast track exams.

Now go and play with your toys, little boy!!!
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, she only has the experience of an entire first degree plus a DPhil from Oxford after all..

Edit: sorry Fluffy, you beat me to it
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
How much will it cost me? Do I need any qualifications? I didn't acually get the BBC mentioned previously, I'm sorry but I did do textiles although I don't have any qualifications in it..

1. £100,000 not including living expenses
2. Grades are not important
3. Don't be sorry
4. Textiles is fine, you will be good at suturing
Bilal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
Yes I do. Just now infact:p:
Oh, the return of the comic! :rolleyes:
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
Yeah, she only has the experience of an entire first degree plus a DPhil from Oxford after all..

Edit: sorry Fluffy, you beat me to it
By the way Danny, a DPhil is NOT necessarily a Doctorate in Philosophy
Danny_AQA
Report 14 years ago
well thats as maybe, but you will be getting on a bit, hope you have your NHS pention scheme sorted out, it won't be worth much once you retire after 2 years. where as i will be young and up for it, you will be old, and past it

I tend not to play with toys, its a real turn-off for the girls
Danny_AQA
Report 14 years ago
yup bilal, the comic is back
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well thats as maybe, but you will be getting on a bit, hope you have your NHS pention scheme sorted out, it won't be worth much once you retire after 2 years. where as i will be young and up for it, you will be old, and past it

I bet the money you pay them does it then?
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

1. £100,000 not including living expenses
2. Grades are not important
3. Don't be sorry
4. Textiles is fine, you will be good at suturing
Sounds great! But wait a minute... is this one of those medical schools where I won't actually be qualified to practise in the UK?
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I already have an NHS pension thanks - I workfor the NHS part time!

Also thanks to having a D.Phil I don't have top do the PhD that's required for my speciality after qualification! Also, I've been offered a stack of research work and am publishing papers as I work my way thorugh med school - pity you're not in my year - I'd love to see how far you got against a candidate with 30 plus publications
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So Danny, you did your GCSEs early..?
Danny_AQA
Report 14 years ago
nope, i never have to pay girls, who wouldn't love a very clever and good looking guy?!?!?! and for you sad people who keep going on about qualifications, any qualification from EEA/EU countries is accepted by the GMC, just as a MBBS degree from london,liverpool,manches........ ............................
Danny_AQA
Report 14 years ago
yes, i did all my GCSE's last year, along with my sister infact, she is very clever, not as good as me, i had the choice of a free year, but my maths teacher, mr p harrison wouldnt let me, my parents were over the moon!!!!
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nope, i never have to pay girls, who wouldn't love a very clever and good looking guy?!?!?! and for you sad people who keep going on about qualifications, any qualification from EEA/EU countries is accepted by the GMC, just as a MBBS degree from london,liverpool,manches........ ............................
Well...seeing as Liverpool doesn't actually offer an MBBS...I wish you luck with your studies in E. Europe.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes, i did all my GCSE's last year, along with my sister infact, she is very clever, not as good as me, i had the choice of a free year, but my maths teacher, mr p harrison wouldnt let me, my parents were over the moon!!!!
So what are you doing this year?
Danny_AQA
Report 14 years ago
i am doing GCSE'S this year, as i wasn't pleased with the B in physics :-( and also for you bone pickers, liverpool having an MBBS degree was an example, i didn't do scientific research
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Scientific research? Quite.

So what other GCSEs did you do last year, and which are you doing this year?
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i am doing GCSE'S this year, as i wasn't pleased with the B in physics :-( and also for you bone pickers, liverpool having an MBBS degree was an example, i didn't do scientific research
Scientific? I believe someone won a Nobel Prize for Medicine/Physiology for using google once. I think you mean basic research, something i would have assumed you would have done before deciding to leave the country....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads