The Student Room Group

WJEC A-Level Biology A2 Unit 4 (14/06/2024)

How’s everyone feeling for tomorrow?
Original post by shd14235

Awful feel so unready
Reply 2
Original post by alevels21
Awful feel so unready

Same here hopefully it’s not too bad
Reply 3
Awful feel so unready

same, my school did sm for unit 3 and not much for unit 4
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by shd14235

how was it?

i feel like i didn't exactly ace the paper but it was not bad
but i crammed plant reproduction (like the 2n 3n stuff) until 1am last night just for it to not come up entirely and i only went through germination once in a QER last night🤡🤡🤡
also what were the advantages of using an artificial gene? i feel like it was something that could be memorised but i didn't look over it and simply waffled some bs like the human genome might be affected by losing the HGH gene 💀
i also didn't get what they were asking for in the mouse question at first and i had to cross out my original answer (hoping that the markers actually could read it lol) and i was caught off guard by them asking the male reproduction system bc i completely forgot what half the organs were there for LMAO
immunology was nice tho
Reply 5
Wow that paper was so much better than i thought it would be. QER was nice and questions were overall easy to answer.
Does anyone know if the grade boundaries will be higher or lower than last year?
Original post by xx.arclark
Does anyone know if the grade boundaries will be higher or lower than last year?

Depends on how everyone does but quite a few struggled it’s normally 45-49 out of 90 for an A
Depends on how everyone does but quite a few struggled it’s normally 45-49 out of 90 for an A

Maybe 46/90 for an A I’m guessing?

Quick Reply