The Student Room Group

Psychology degree part time

Hi,

I understand that I am able to study psychology part time even though I have previous study as psychology is on the exempt list, I would like to ask does this have to be stand alone psychology or can I do psychology and counselling or psychology and criminology if I wish?

Also can I study at any university that offers the course or is it just particular universities?

Arden University offers the course as blended learning, could I get funding if I go there?

These are the course codes if this helps;
Psychology (3 years) Tower Hill- September course code: 968502
Psychology (3 years) Tower Hill- November course code: 968496
Original post by Sjay82
Hi,
I understand that I am able to study psychology part time even though I have previous study as psychology is on the exempt list, I would like to ask does this have to be stand alone psychology or can I do psychology and counselling or psychology and criminology if I wish?
Also can I study at any university that offers the course or is it just particular universities?
Arden University offers the course as blended learning, could I get funding if I go there?
These are the course codes if this helps;
Psychology (3 years) Tower Hill- September course code: 968502
Psychology (3 years) Tower Hill- November course code: 968496

@Sjay82
Hello, I did my MSc Psychology (conversion) at Arden, and yes, you would be legible for a student loan there, as long as you meet all of the requirements to get a student loan of course 🙂 I didn't take the blended option where there are study centres in London, Leeds, Birmingham, and Manchester, I did it 100% online and still got funding - you had to demonstrate engagement with the online sessions in order to get the loan. There was also flexibility in when you started the course.

You can do Psychology, or there is a blended Psychology/Counselling option which I am not familiar with, click the link for more details https://arden.ac.uk/our-courses/subject/psychology

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
I am at the open university studying part time with funding, you really need to look at the list as some psychologies are not on the list, criminology is not but psychology and counselling are and forensic psychology is. I would have liked to do criminology but I have had to choose forensic psychology instead.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Reply 3
Original post by hippieglitter
I am at the open university studying part time with funding, you really need to look at the list as some psychologies are not on the list, criminology is not but psychology and counselling are and forensic psychology is. I would have liked to do criminology but I have had to choose forensic psychology instead.
Hi, do u get maintenance loan or just tuition?
Original post by Sjay82
Hi, do u get maintenance loan or just tuition?

Just tuition, they expect people doing part time distance learning to be living in their own home and working so we are not entitled to maintenance but all tuition is paid straight to the open university.

Quick Reply