The Student Room Group

Should I go talk to her or nah?!

Earlier this morning I went to my local grocery store and saw this cute worker here, should I shoot it and talk to her, next time I see her there or nah?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, I think you could try talking to her, but if she seems put-off or uncomfortable or declines you, then just let it be, no harm in trying but if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out
Original post by Anonymous
Earlier this morning I went to my local grocery store and saw this cute worker here, should I shoot it and talk to her, next time I see her there or nah?

This is what I cannot understand about Generation Z . WHY are you soooo scared about talking to the opposite sex ?. You will look back in some years and think "...why did'nt I...." There should be NO "..Why didn't I's.." and you should just DO IT !! I am kind of speaking of my hesitations whereas now I am older I regret greatly, which is why I say JUST DO IT !!. Better to be embarrassed/nervous than forever regretful, seriously take it from a regretor.
I add to the above . I now recall my hesitations, and I had 3 really model like young ladies who I could have formed relationships with, but I did'nt because of HESITATIONS. Seriously I look back and think "what the f was I thinking not...."
Reply 4
No point, girls give signals when they're interested
Original post by Rr600

Really, please tell us the signal, lol.
go for it. Just be urself and dont do anything corny or weird. Try and start conversation instead of going straight in with the flirting.
Original post by Rr600
You are so right, as a girl, I can confirm that we do this secret sign 🥴🖐️ when interested
Reply 8
Ok thx y’all for all the advices!
You are so right, as a girl, I can confirm that we do this secret sign 🥴🖐️ when interested

LOL.
Reply 10
No harm in talking and see if there’s any positive interaction. Although your right to be cautious, cute girls working in retail likely do find random date requests an occupational hazard
Reply 11

She's at work and doesn't need someone trying to chat her up! Be polite, but keep it brief, don't distract her or put her in an awkward position and take the hint straight away if she's not interested.
Original post by Surnia
She's at work and doesn't need someone trying to chat her up! Be polite, but keep it brief, don't distract her or put her in an awkward position and take the hint straight away if she's not interested.

Ok thx!
Reply 13
Original post by Surnia

In other words, no point
Original post by Rr600
In other words, no point

What are you ,all babies ?. Really my god ,if you cannot speak to someone working in a Grocery Store in 21st Century ,then stop this Planet I want to get off (get off the Planet that is, no pun intended). Come on ,life doesn't stop at work,
especially not in a store. TALK TO HER as you wish,maybe about Carrots, or Onions or the Weather.
Original post by Rr600
In other words, no point

You seem pretty pessimistic
Ok thx y’all for all the advices!
Did you do it?
What are you ,all babies ?. Really my god ,if you cannot speak to someone working in a Grocery Store in 21st Century ,then stop this Planet I want to get off (get off the Planet that is, no pun intended). Come on ,life doesn't stop at work,
especially not in a store. TALK TO HER as you wish,maybe about Carrots, or Onions or the Weather.
This!
Did you do it?

She wasn’t there this morning it was another male worker here, I guess she doesn’t work everyday, since I saw her yesterday ik at least Thursday is one of her work days
She wasn’t there this morning it was another male worker here, I guess she doesn’t work everyday, since I saw her yesterday ik at least Thursday is one of her work days

Well, all the best for Thursday then ☺️

Quick Reply