The Student Room Group

Alevel History is killing me

I had my end of years exams and for alevel history, I got a D. I'm so disappointed with my results. How do i effectively study/revise history??
(Btw I do AQA History, my breadth paper is the quest to political stability :Germany and my depth is The Making Of Modern Britain)
Original post by misanthrope07
I had my end of years exams and for alevel history, I got a D. I'm so disappointed with my results. How do i effectively study/revise history??
(Btw I do AQA History, my breadth paper is the quest to political stability :Germany and my depth is The Making Of Modern Britain)

my two biggest methods are

summary sheets, they make the content feel much more manageable, they work especially well if you force yourself to summarise the information from memory (as it shows you what you know, as well as how well you understand it)

essay planning, this makes you see the content in a different way (it can be easier to understand when you are basing it round an argument) as well as making you more prepared

and then also general tips like blurting, timelines, practice to write in time
(edited 1 month ago)
Tysmmm, this summer im planning to consolidate yr12 content, I'll put this to practise

Quick Reply