The Student Room Group

a level sociology vs psychology

hey i'm currently in the position where i will have to start choosing a levels i know i definitely want to do media and then something like math or business for my second option.
But i'm really struggling to choose between sociology and psychology i always here such mixed opinions about both as to which is easier and more interesting.
pease helppp
Reply 1
Hi i think it depends is there any specific course you have in mind for uni or what you want to do after a levels? Psychology and sociology are both very content heavy and I can't speak for sociology but psychology was definitely interesting but definitely not an easy a level. But yeah maybe think about what you want to do after a levels and if there's any specific courses you need to do that. Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by ImanHussain10
hey i'm currently in the position where i will have to start choosing a levels i know i definitely want to do media and then something like math or business for my second option.
But i'm really struggling to choose between sociology and psychology i always here such mixed opinions about both as to which is easier and more interesting.
pease helppp
Hii, I recently just finished A level sociology and the subject itself is very interesting and I would say it is somewhat easy. Personally I believe sociology is easy to understand and the grade boundaries r not often high but there is a lot of content and remembering it was what I found difficult. I didn’t do psychology so I can’t tell you what it’s like to study it but I would say the only negative about sociology is that it is very heavy with the content but other than that it’s a really interesting subject. I know it might be a bit early for you to start thinking about Uni but if ur struggling with choosing between sociology and psychology, consider which subject would be more useful and helpful to u if u decide to go to uni and study a course. Hope this helped
Original post by ImanHussain10
pease helppp

As someone who did both psych and sociology, I would say that both subjects are heavy content and heavy essay based. But it really does depends which subject intrigues you. Like for psychology it is about learning core studies, research methods and a couple other things. And sociology it’s about certain stuff in the world but it depends what your school does for these both subjects.

Feel free to message me privately if you want more information :smile:

Quick Reply