The Student Room Group

Student Finance Second Year

Hello! I'm an undergraduate finishing first year and going into second year in September. I have applied for student finance for 2024/5 and according to SFE i will only get the minimum maintenance loan, despite the fact that during the 2022/3 year I applied for and recieved part of the Maximum loan. I was wondering whether this is temporary? or whether my parents need to provide financial information again for the new academic year? but the sfe website doesn't indicate that I anything else needs to be done and that they are simply confirming details? but im confused because they've send me an an email saying "You need to ask your parents or partner to give us their household income details" but after logging into both of their sfe accounts, theres no indication on their accounts that any action needs to be taken.
Hi!

My best advice would be to see if you can call SFE, and discuss this with them. As well as this, maybe your parents have received an email about providing the evidence, and there could be further details of how they should do this.

Kind Regards,

-Wanita
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi!

My best advice would be to see if you can call SFE, and discuss this with them. As well as this, maybe your parents have received an email about providing the evidence, and there could be further details of how they should do this.

Kind Regards,

-Wanita

Hi Wanita. Please note that threads in the Ask SFE forum are answered by official SFE/SLC reps. :smile:
Hi Pot8o,

We need your sponsors to support your application every academic year for the application to be income assessed.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply