The Student Room Group

Is it better to stay up late revising or sleep early for gcses?

I have geo and physics tomorrow and I have not covered all the content yet. I dont really have a good grasp on the content but Im running out of time and I dont know whether I should just go to sleep and hope for the best or revise until like 12pm but risk being tired and having a poor memory tomorrow.
Original post by seagull11
I have geo and physics tomorrow and I have not covered all the content yet. I dont really have a good grasp on the content but Im running out of time and I dont know whether I should just go to sleep and hope for the best or revise until like 12pm but risk being tired and having a poor memory tomorrow.

go to sleep, unless you truly believe you will understand more in the 4 hours its better to be in a positive mindset, watch a show and go to sleep early, keeping on working will probably just stress you out more
Don't risk being tired. Only you know how your body works. You might find it beneficial to wake up early and do it then.

Even if you decide to revise tonight, do not continue after you start feeling sleepy. If you do, your body clock might reset itself and when you then try sleeping an hour later you won't be able to. That has happened to me :frown:
Reply 4

If you revise when you're tired you won't remember the content when you wake up. Go too sleep when you feel tired and do any last minute revision in the morning. When I did gcse last year I would go to sleep at 10 at the latest and if I needed to cram I'd wake up at 4 to 5 and get any last minute stuff done then.

Go to sleep. Honestly, at least you will know u tried ur best and gave urself the best possible chance. I have barely revised for physics tmr, but im going to sleep because it’s more important to look after our bodies

How did it go?
Reply 7
Original post by Hannahblossom
How did it go?

physics wasnt that good to be honest, but feel geo was ok

Is that your GCSEs done then now?

You don't always know how an exam will go, so try not to sweat it ☺️
Reply 10
Is that your GCSEs done then now?

nope, one more further maths exam and then im done 🙂 although it feels my exams are already done since we've done all shirt signing, saying goodbyes and stuff. Just a few more days away
nope, one more further maths exam and then im done 🙂 although it feels my exams are already done since we've done all shirt signing, saying goodbyes and stuff. Just a few more days away

Hope it goes well 🙏
Reply 12
Hope it goes well 🙏

thankyou!

Quick Reply