The Student Room Group

are these alevel options good

i want to be a software developer and i want to do uni or degree apprenticeship and i am picking maths, computer science and pyschology i know most people pick physics or further math but i already know i wont be able to do that so will these be ok and is pyschology a good subject and what do you do in it because i keep getting mixed answers
Hi!

Have you looked at what some universities require for the course that you want to do, this may help just to see if you may need to do other subjects! I study Mechanical Engineering and studied Psychology for A-Levlels. It was a great subject, and was quite different from studying Maths and Physics which I quite enjoyed!

In Psychology, I learned about human behaviour, memory, attachments,biopsycholgy, and psychopathology to name a few. It was really cool, and in my lessons, you got to look at for and against, the pros and cons of different treatments and issues and the positives of any experiments we had learned. There is even maths in Psychology as well, basics like mean, median mode etc. A lot of people were surprised at that!

Kind Regards,
-Wanita
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi!
Have you looked at what some universities require for the course that you want to do, this may help just to see if you may need to do other subjects! I study Mechanical Engineering and studied Psychology for A-Levlels. It was a great subject, and was quite different from studying Maths and Physics which I quite enjoyed!
In Psychology, I learned about human behaviour, memory, attachments,biopsycholgy, and psychopathology to name a few. It was really cool, and in my lessons, you got to look at for and against, the pros and cons of different treatments and issues and the positives of any experiments we had learned. There is even maths in Psychology as well, basics like mean, median mode etc. A lot of people were surprised at that!
Kind Regards,
-Wanita

thank you for replyingg i was also wondering if you thought the content was hard because i know there is a lot to memorise but would you say that they were hard concepts to memorise and if the essay structures are hard or simple

Quick Reply