The Student Room Group

Is it possible to go from getting 20% to getting 90% on my Biology?

I’m a Year 9 student about to go to Year 10 and I’m taking triple science because I want to become a doctor yet I got 20% on my end of year Biology assessment. Would it be possible to get 90% on my Biology tests next year if I were to start catching up and revise more during the summer holidays? Any tips please?
Original post by TheGoblin2477
I’m a Year 9 student about to go to Year 10 and I’m taking triple science because I want to become a doctor yet I got 20% on my end of year Biology assessment. Would it be possible to get 90% on my Biology tests next year if I were to start catching up and revise more during the summer holidays? Any tips please?

100% man coming into year 10 there will be compelety new year, as you will proably have sets for science and everything will start to become serious, so you want to keep your head down and push hard, and you will also get new grade boundries system in year 10 form 1-9 so you want to get 9 in biology do this, this is my grade 9 rountine.
Original post by TheGoblin2477

Yess definetly, revise from the spec and make flashcards of all topics, practice questions are available on cognito. Don't give up you can for sure do it.
Original post by aditya nair12344
100% man coming into year 10 there will be compelety new year, as you will proably have sets for science and everything will start to become serious, so you want to keep your head down and push hard, and you will also get new grade boundries system in year 10 form 1-9 so you want to get 9 in biology do this, this is my grade 9 rountine.

start with going over the content on your cgp book or your revisions guides just read the info and take in as much as you can , and then go to this website,
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/gcse-aqa/cell-biology/
on here there are flashcards to go through go through these and if you get stuck on any off them go to your revision guide and read it again and read it again in a few days time and your brain will know you need to remember this info you just keeping coming back to, then on that website there is lots of exam questions try as many as you can until your confident, because i am doing my GCSE rn and i have finished biology and on the papers i saw question being repted form pervious years on there and because i did exam question practice i know how to answer these question.
i get 9's in all three science's if you need me give me a shout for the other ones !🙂 happy GCSE revision start !!

Quick Reply