The Student Room Group

Unemployment Evidence for SFE

Does anybody have any experience in dealing with SFE as an unemployed graduate? I am currently unemployed and have recently been told that I will soon start getting threatening letters from SFE regarding evidence on how I support myself. I am living with a relative who supports me and I also do not use any savings. I would be grateful if anyone knows what the process is like. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by lajogi3533
Does anybody have any experience in dealing with SFE as an unemployed graduate? I am currently unemployed and have recently been told that I will soon start getting threatening letters from SFE regarding evidence on how I support myself. I am living with a relative who supports me and I also do not use any savings. I would be grateful if anyone knows what the process is like. Thanks.

Hi, can I ask where you heard this information? I've been unemployed after graduating too (not by choice) and haven't heard this?

I'd have thought it is nothing to do with SFE whether someone is employed or not as we only pay back to them once we earn over a certain amount and many people don't reach that amount.
Original post by Bexh133
Hi, can I ask where you heard this information? I've been unemployed after graduating too (not by choice) and haven't heard this?
I'd have thought it is nothing to do with SFE whether someone is employed or not as we only pay back to them once we earn over a certain amount and many people don't reach that amount.

I just got off the phone with SFE. They will send a letter every year whilst anyone is unemployed asking them to update their employment details online. If you select unemployed then they want to know how you are supporting yourself. You have to send them evidence of things like benefits, utility bills, proof of address and bank statements. If you are supported by someone (like parents) you have to send a third party declaration form signed by them.

Quick Reply