The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Law at Uni acceptance?

Hello, I got 988776654 in GCSE’s with an 8 in Maths and a 9 in English Lit. I am now predicted A*AA at A- level, please be completely honest with me what is the likelihood of me receiving an offer from a RG uni to study Law. I know that my gcse’s are quite poor and I have no real reason for that other than having a poor work ethic. And I am not viable for a contextual offer or anything. If I do amazing in my LNAT and have a good personal statement would that increase my chances? My top choices are Warwick (I know warwick doesn’t accept LNAT) and Cambridge. Please be completely transparent with me - will
my GCSE’s ruin my chances?
Reply 1
Also to add I have a lot of great achievements to put into my personal statement - Like Head Girl, Volunteering abroad, Great Work experience from top firms
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I think you can get into Russel Group with those predicted grades but even if you don’t as long as you do well at university your career outcomes should be fine
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I got 988776654 in GCSE’s with an 8 in Maths and a 9 in English Lit. I am now predicted A*AA at A- level, please be completely honest with me what is the likelihood of me receiving an offer from a RG uni to study Law. I know that my gcse’s are quite poor and I have no real reason for that other than having a poor work ethic. And I am not viable for a contextual offer or anything. If I do amazing in my LNAT and have a good personal statement would that increase my chances? My top choices are Warwick (I know warwick doesn’t accept LNAT) and Cambridge. Please be completely transparent with me - will
my GCSE’s ruin my chances?

Your GCSEs are fine. You may need to look into whether Cambridge Law School factors GCSE results in their decision making, but I would assume that qualifications taken to date would be considered. They'd be on the low end of the spectrum I'm afraid, but your application may be strengthened by a strong LNAT and A-level results.
Reply 4
Original post by The Old Frog
Your GCSEs are fine. You may need to look into whether Cambridge Law School factors GCSE results in their decision making, but I would assume that qualifications taken to date would be considered. They'd be on the low end of the spectrum I'm afraid, but your application may be strengthened by a strong LNAT and A-level results.
Thank you so much for being honest with me I appreciate it. Whats your opinion on Warwick though? Warwick unfortunately doesn’t take the LNAT so it’s just personal statement, GCSE’s and A-level predictions. I am trying to get a predicted A*A*A instead aswell.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for being honest with me I appreciate it. Whats your opinion on Warwick though? Warwick unfortunately doesn’t take the LNAT so it’s just personal statement, GCSE’s and A-level predictions. I am trying to get a predicted A*A*A instead aswell.

It would really depend on your academics. Warwick Law school has a very high standard and I would concentrate getting those A*(s) at A level.

Quick Reply