The Student Room Group

Dt nea 2024-25

So the three topics are:
1. Educational toys and games
2. Supporting or participating in a sport
3. Eating away from home

Im doing eating away from home but I need some ideas for my product. Im currently waffling abt making a insulated lunch box but other people are doing it so i need smth else.
HELP ASAP
Original post by Imsocookd
So the three topics are:
3. Eating away from home
Im doing eating away from home but I need some ideas for my product. Im currently waffling abt making a insulated lunch box but other people are doing it so i need smth else.
HELP ASAP

You could do something similar to everyone else. Maybe think about something like a solar power oven?
maybe something involving food preparation outside of the home idk tho im doing toys and games
3. Eating away from home
Portable plates/bowls/mugs/sporks are decent, However onec used and dirty there is hardly a good place to store them hence are carrying dirty crockery around, maybe a product could fix this? Either By cleaning the crockery or by isolating the mess?
So the three topics are:
3. Eating away from home
HELP ASAP

You're absolutely sure you want to do eating away from home?
The reason I ask is so many if the things I can think about are very similar to products already on the market and that really won't help your grade sooooo
I mean I have some ideas tho depending on how simple or complex you want it to be
Make a stovetop cooker that you can seal the pots to travel with. Make a spork thing. Some kind of water bottle holder with partitions for snacks and things that could be made out of fabric
Reply 5
So the three topics are:
3. Eating away from home
HELP ASAP

Okay, so I’ve just done my NEA and got my score back, which I was happy with. But, the most help I can really give is always and I mean ALWAYS question yourself “Can I really make this in a classroom with the tools I have?” Because I wasted so much time making concepts that were too much of a stretch because they were difficult to hand make in the actual classroom.
However, one thing that got me marks as well as helped me was my research in materials. I selected three materials, discussed their pros and cons and how they suit my product. AND!! Make sure to always include client feedback on every step of your NEA (I made mine up lol) it will give you marks and shows your examiner that you’ve “shown” your client your product and have been “given” constructive criticism.
My NEA was about solving environmental problems and microplastics. So a bit different here haha.

My first thoughts to your topic is maybe… making a lunchbox that’s able to fold in a way? Because if you’re eating away from home, and you’ve finished your food, you ideally want your empty lunchbox to take up minimal amounts of space in your bag or wherever you carry it!

Best of luck, you will smash it!

Quick Reply