The Student Room Group

I want to study a law LLB at oxford , however this isnt listed on UCAS

I want to study a law LLB at oxford , however this isnt listed on UCAS but on their website they have law jurisprudence
Could someone help me out here? im feeling quite confused , does oxford no longer offer a law llb? i want to do an LLB so i have a qualifying law degree
Oxford & Cambridge both offer their own BA instead. Their courses are still qualifying law degrees. Some other universities offer BA too, but they aren’t always qualifying, best to read the small print on websites as it usually tells you.

Having said all that, if you want to become a solicitor, by rights you no longer need a qualifying law degree to take the SQE route. However, some major firms still like you to have studied law whether that be a GDL/law conversion or law degree.
Original post by Taran.
I want to study a law LLB at oxford , however this isnt listed on UCAS but on their website they have law jurisprudence
Could someone help me out here? im feeling quite confused , does oxford no longer offer a law llb? i want to do an LLB so i have a qualifying law degree

Oxford has never offered an LLB. Almost all undergraduate degrees awarded by Oxford are BAs, even in STEM subjects. This is merely a reflection of the nomenclature used by old universities.

As noted above, an Oxford BA in Jurisprudence is a qualifying law degree. Jurisprudence, from the Latin "iurisprudentia" means the philosophy or theory of law. At Oxford, jurisprudence is studied as one of the courses, along with all of the core subjects of substantive law.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/course-listing/law-jurisprudence
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply