The Student Room Group

Question for the girls from a girl

For those of you who use period nickers, do they acctually work???????
Are they comfortable??
How many would you need????
Yes they do work for majority of people 😞 😞.... You must get the odd person saying it not for them but they definitely do what they say.

Suggest you perhaps get a pair for each day ( this allows you to wash them for your next usage) also they are not just for when you are on your periods as can be used as a daily usage if you choose to do this.
Original post by Littleemma98
Yes they do work for majority of people 😞 😞.... You must get the odd person saying it not for them but they definitely do what they say.
Suggest you perhaps get a pair for each day ( this allows you to wash them for your next usage) also they are not just for when you are on your periods as can be used as a daily usage if you choose to do this.

Ahh oki thanks :smile:
Original post by Littleemma98

do you recommend any brands? I've used Luna for the past few months and they were amazing, but now became rly crusty not absorbent at all so not sure what happened there
Original post by fizzywizzybizzy
do you recommend any brands? I've used Luna for the past few months and they were amazing, but now became rly crusty not absorbent at all so not sure what happened there

I haven’t tried any yet although I did buy some from m and s today
I’m wondering if that could have happened if you didn’t wash them IMMEDIATELY after using them.like when I wear normal pairs but the pad doesn’t get it if I don’t wash it as soon as I take them off that does happen for me ?????
Idek,but also thank you for bringing this to my attention
Original post by All-users-taken
I haven’t tried any yet although I did buy some from m and s today
I’m wondering if that could have happened if you didn’t wash them IMMEDIATELY after using them.like when I wear normal pairs but the pad doesn’t get it if I don’t wash it as soon as I take them off that does happen for me ?????
Idek,but also thank you for bringing this to my attention

I always washed them immediately, and very well but maybe all of the blood didn't come out? It is multi layered at the gusset which is what u need but also maybe why they didn't last long.
Same for me though, even if I get a lot of discharge it goes kind of bad🤷
I always washed them immediately, and very well but maybe all of the blood didn't come out? It is multi layered at the gusset which is what u need but also maybe why they didn't last long.
Same for me though, even if I get a lot of discharge it goes kind of bad🤷

Hmmm yea. Well I guess that’s good to note, maybe is meant to do that then??? Man I have no clue ngl.
Are they comfortable??

depends how much u bleed they're no good for me, they leak thru, but w a pad they are good
Reply 8
Are they comfortable??

hey! not sure if you've already gotten all the replies u need but i saw this and felt like replying 😭.

i use period pants and for me they're actually a lifesaver, because when I get my period it starts off quite light, so its perfect for the pants to completely absorb it. literally last yesterday i got my period in the middle of my physics gcse and it was only thanks to my period pants that i didn't leak everywhere and cause chaos.

and then during the rest of my cycle, i wear my period pants with a pad just in case leaks happen or anything, they're really good at catching leaks. You can get one for each day of ur period, because they obviously can get dirty if you leak, and its just nice to regularly change ur underwear anyways, but its not really necessary if ur wearing a pad with it as its not getting dirty itself if you get what i mean, so every other day is also fine. but they can eventually stop being so absorbent over time the more they get used, so you probably may need to replace them eventually.

as for branding, i personally love modibodi, but I've also had ones from m&s and non-brand ones in the past, and they all honestly work just as well as each other.

but overall they are so so useful, i genuienly dont remember the last time I leaked onto anything when I had them on, so I rlly do recommend it!
Original post by itsriona
hey! not sure if you've already gotten all the replies u need but i saw this and felt like replying 😭.
i use period pants and for me they're actually a lifesaver, because when I get my period it starts off quite light, so its perfect for the pants to completely absorb it. literally last yesterday i got my period in the middle of my physics gcse and it was only thanks to my period pants that i didn't leak everywhere and cause chaos.
and then during the rest of my cycle, i wear my period pants with a pad just in case leaks happen or anything, they're really good at catching leaks. You can get one for each day of ur period, because they obviously can get dirty if you leak, and its just nice to regularly change ur underwear anyways, but its not really necessary if ur wearing a pad with it as its not getting dirty itself if you get what i mean, so every other day is also fine. but they can eventually stop being so absorbent over time the more they get used, so you probably may need to replace them eventually.
as for branding, i personally love modibodi, but I've also had ones from m&s and non-brand ones in the past, and they all honestly work just as well as each other.
but overall they are so so useful, i genuienly dont remember the last time I leaked onto anything when I had them on, so I rlly do recommend it!

Ahhhh thank you this was useful thanks :smile:
Ahhhh thank you this was useful thanks :smile:

no problem im so glad!!
Ahh oki thanks :smile:
Aww you are welcome 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗
Hi
Apologies for late response 😔 😔

If I'm using them I normally just buy them from Marks and Spencer as they are good from there.... obviously there's others names available but as long as they are doing the job then you don't have to buy big brand names knickers.....
Reply 13
err im just a boy
I love them, i have very heavy flow so often wear a pad too but the knickers just give me an extra level of security and they are so comfy.
Original post by Roy$$
err im just a boy

Lol hence why I said question for the girls but you fine bro

Quick Reply