The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A level predictions for paper 3?

hi everyone! now that we have done both the paper 1 and paper 2 for ocr a-level, what will be coming up for paper 3? i think that neuronal communication will have some part in it considering there was literally no questions about it in the paper 1 lol :smile:

Scroll to see replies

So true had nothing on Punnet Squares or Cloning in paper 2 either
Reply 2
Original post by hellohihihello
hi everyone! now that we have done both the paper 1 and paper 2 for ocr a-level, what will be coming up for paper 3? i think that neuronal communication will have some part in it considering there was literally no questions about it in the paper 1 lol :smile:

The heart didn't come up so maybe
Reply 3
Heart, muscles/neurons and genetic crosses. Maybe more stats-tests
Maybe the carbon or nitrogen cycle as that hasn't come up yet.
Reply 5
maybe the heart tied in with the M5 chapter on heart regulation (vagus nerve etc)
biotech and microorganisms
glucose level control (autoimmune disease link?)
i hope heart comes up
biotech already came up for ocr tho? with synthetic biology
Reply 7
Original post by luminous27
i hope heart comes up
biotech already came up for ocr tho? with synthetic biology

oh yeaa maybe immobilised enzymes?
Reply 8
Can someone create a document and just add the topics that didn’t come up and then people can make their own choices what to cover
Reply 9
I mean you guys shld learn all the practicals. I reckon that some of genetics will come up asw
Original post by gdbae

already came in 2023
Original post by gdbae

Yeah! I've heard that they ask enzyme questions almost every year so maybee
Original post by lifeoftheparty
already came in 2023

They can still ask for it again...
Original post by hellohihihello

Can someone say what topics have already come up... I can't remember what was in paper 1 or 2 lol
Original post by Daisyliz06
They can still ask for it again...

but not likely as it was heavy in 2023. exam boards are legally obliged to assessed all parts of their spec within the span of 3 years, so if immobilised enzymes came up in 2023 it’s not likely it’ll come up again as they need to assess the other stuff.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by ZZZ_A
Can someone create a document and just add the topics that didn’t come up and then people can make their own choices what to cover

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 08.20.14.png
Original post by NaturedGecko605

u are a lifesaver
Reply 17
Original post by NaturedGecko605

Is it not a bit strange that patterns of inheritance is not included?
Original post by issy987
Is it not a bit strange that patterns of inheritance is not included?

that’s what i was thinking
Neuronal communication is likely to come up since it didn't come up at all on paper 1? I think it could be tied to electrical activity of the heart with CNS - so medulla oblongata etc?

Quick Reply