The Student Room Group

Stressful a level situation

So this is a weird one. I’ve been admitted to hospital this morning and after various check ups and scan I found out I have a bleeding in my brain. Have you heard of anyone going through the same and how did they deal with the stress of possibly not going uni?
Reply 1
I'm really sorry that you are having to go through this, but honestly please do not worry about your education at the moment. You can always defer your studies, your health has priority right now (I'm talking from experience with having to go through being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis)
Reply 2
I'm really sorry that you are having to go through this, but honestly please do not worry about your education at the moment. You can always defer your studies, your health has priority right now (I'm talking from experience with having to go through being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis)

Thank you and I do wish you a speedy recovery too if you still haven’t. I know I shouldn’t worry about studies but do you know how long I can defer my uni entry as in only once I recover or can I only hold my offers for a certain amount of time before having to reapply again?
Original post by GoTtiLr
So this is a weird one. I’ve been admitted to hospital this morning and after various check ups and scan I found out I have a bleeding in my brain. Have you heard of anyone going through the same and how did they deal with the stress of possibly not going uni?

My friend who is doing A levels right now too also has this exact condition and she told the universities she applied to about it and they gave her special consideration, not only did they all give her offers but they even lowered her UCAS requirements.
Don’t worry, they’ll understand. You could probably get special consideration for your A levels too.
You’ll be okay, you’ll still get into universities just like she did. You will be fine 💜 I wish you all the best
Reply 4
Original post by Celeste_S4633
My friend who is doing A levels right now too also has this exact condition and she told the universities she applied to about it and they gave her special consideration, not only did they all give her offers but they even lowered her UCAS requirements.
Don’t worry, they’ll understand. You could probably get special consideration for your A levels too.
You’ll be okay, you’ll still get into universities just like she did. You will be fine 💜 I wish you all the best

So they kept all the offers available for her until she recovered? She didn’t have to apply again? It’s just extremely annoying me since I was working so hard at an A*AB in a levels chem bio and maths and scared I won’t be able to do it again for my course

Quick Reply