Turn on thread page Beta

i'v been looking at different universities offering medicine and was wondering why do some put so much emphasise on gcse grades like "7 A's or B's" and others just say "C or above in eng, maths and science" whats the difference between these uni's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    i'v been looking at different universities offering medicine and was wondering why do some put so much emphasise on gcse grades like "7 A's or B's" and others just say "C or above in eng, maths and science" whats the difference between these uni's?
    Only that some Uni's take GCSE's ito account more than others. For most courses at most Uni's (not just medicine) they will require a C or above in Science, maths and English, but I shouldn't worry about ones that say 7 A's and B's, they shouldn't discriminate you on your GCSE results, because really, its A-Levels and your personality and ability that counts.

Its usually Unis that have a veru high number of applicants for an already highly applied course. GCSE results is a way to wittle down the numbers to interview, moreover they show consistency in grades and how likely u are going to achieve ur predicted grades- which for med is AAA/AAB/ABB, depending on where u apply.
    The don't call em entry requirements for nothing, if u don't have the gcse results then they have to be harsh and say No Thanks.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.