The Student Room Group

I have lost faith in love

I am near 30 and have never dated. Every encounter with a person of the opposite sex ends up in nothing more than friendship. Unrequited love and heartbrokenness take up most of my life. I don't know what love is. It is a waste of time whenever I try to contemplate or someone tries to explain. I have lost faith in love, have you?
Original post by Anonymous
I am near 30 and have never dated. Every encounter with a person of the opposite sex ends up in nothing more than friendship. Unrequited love and heartbrokenness take up most of my life. I don't know what love is. It is a waste of time whenever I try to contemplate or someone tries to explain. I have lost faith in love, have you?

I understand this is a frustrating topic, but i doubt the student room is the right place for that. Not the best idea for a 30 year old to be seeking advice from students. Maybe try reddit.
Reply 2
It can be tough, but there’s nothing to be gained by losing faith. Dating and love bring best and worst experiences. Widen your search, play to strengths and do what you can on weaknesses and keep going. With patience and resilience something good will turn up
Reply 3
Original post by katie1708
I understand this is a frustrating topic, but i doubt the student room is the right place for that. Not the best idea for a 30 year old to be seeking advice from students. Maybe try reddit.

Do you realise many postgrads are not 18 year-olds?
I'm 35, never dated (had some ****ed-up situationships though!). I don't feel cut out for relationships, but I do believe love exists and that love ispossible at any age :yep: So I haven't lost faith in love, per se - I just shy away from it :redface:

I'm sorry you've experienced heartache though, OP. Unrequited love is def not fun :no:

:hugs:

Sorry mate sometimes it’s just not meant to be it’s unfortunate but it’s what it is
Do you realise many postgrads are not 18 year-olds?

Yes, literally all post grads are over 18 seeing as you have to do an undergrad first.
Reply 7
If you're not goodlooking then you might never experience love as all your crushes reject you. If you're attractive you will certainly have a love life
Reply 8
Original post by Rr600
If you're not goodlooking then you might never experience love as all your crushes reject you. If you're attractive you will certainly have a love life

Under most circumstances, yes.
Reply 9
Anyone else having opinion to share?

Quick Reply