The Student Room Group

Extended Learning Project

Hi,

I am just about to finish my GCSEs and my school runs extended learning projects in year 12 (similar to EPQs). Im studying maths fm, econ and politics next year and hope to study something econ+politics related at uni. I have began reading books about economics and am really fascinated by current government policies on taxation (and reasons for it).

Anyway, long story short, I was wondering whether a project on public economics in the UK and the reasons for politicians supporting certain economic policies would be suitable for a project which is related to economics and politics.

Sorry for the waffle but hope someone could provide some advice!
That's certainly a viable idea; however, you would need to narrow down a more specific question (i.e. a specific policy or type of policy. If you're interested in taxation, perhaps a type of tax like a wealth tax or Pigouvian tax.) and outline an initial methodology (i.e. How would you begin researching the topic? What would you like to have by the end of the project?).

Once you can figure that all out, then it will be easier for others to help you.
Original post by SiberianLIGER
That's certainly a viable idea; however, you would need to narrow down a more specific question (i.e. a specific policy or type of policy. If you're interested in taxation, perhaps a type of tax like a wealth tax or Pigouvian tax.) and outline an initial methodology (i.e. How would you begin researching the topic? What would you like to have by the end of the project?).
Once you can figure that all out, then it will be easier for others to help you.

Thank you so much.I have certainly seen some policies that have caught my eye and I will make sure to carry out further research steps!

Quick Reply