The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

How lenient is liverpool with offers

Got an ACC offer for maths with an A in maths at uni of liverpool but I feel as though I wont get an A or even a B after my first two exams. Would I still be able to get on the course if I had the same grades/ucas tariff but an A in another one of my subjects?
Original post by Anonymous
Got an ACC offer for maths with an A in maths at uni of liverpool but I feel as though I wont get an A or even a B after my first two exams. Would I still be able to get on the course if I had the same grades/ucas tariff but an A in another one of my subjects?

Liverpool's standard offer for Mathematics is "ABB including Mathematics A level grade A." So your offer if presumably a contextual one. Even though they've lowered their requirements by two grades, they've maintained the requirement for a grade A in Mathematics. That would tend to suggest that they're keen an all accepted students having a demonstrably strong Maths ability. That being the case, it would seem unlikely that you would be accepted at ACC if the A was not in Maths.

Nothing is impossible - it really depends on how many other people miss their offer grades and so how many places are available. But I'd have thought they'd rather take a Clearing applicant with an A in Maths.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Quick Reply