The Student Room Group

How to get an a star in OCR A Biology?

I currently got my mock grades and I got a B in biology. I really want to get a star in biology but I'm struggling to improve and grasp how to effectively use exam techniques. Does anyone have any advice for this?
Original post by Floflo234
I currently got my mock grades and I got a B in biology. I really want to get a star in biology but I'm struggling to improve and grasp how to effectively use exam techniques. Does anyone have any advice for this?
Hi, I would go over your mocks or past papers and analyze them using MARCKS analysis. Maths, Application, Reading the question, Clarity of answer, Knowledge and Statements per question. Create a tally chart and track how many marks you lost using this. Miss Estruch has some good videos explaining how to best utilize this.

I would then practice the particular skills you struggle with. For example, if it’s maths skills, cgp maths for a level biology book should help, and if it’s application questions, practice exam technique using past paper questions. If it’s reading the question that is the problem, try to familiarize yourself with the key words by checking the exam board spec (many exam boards publish a cheat sheet for their key words). for clarity and statements per question, practice extended response questions.

Quick Reply