The Student Room Group

History through clearing

I am doing history chemistry and biology right now at A-level. I decided to change my degree last minute to history instead of neuroscience since I completely ****ed up my chemistry exam, and I've always loved history. (Btw please don't try to convince me to do science instead of history. I've made up my mind, I love history, and I don't want to go anywhere near science for at least the next few years since A-levels were genuinely traumatic for me).
I will probably get an A* in history and maybe an A in biology. Idk about chemistry, it could be a D or it could be a fail. Could I get into a good uni through clearing for history like this? I'd love to go to Birmingham, but I'm open to other options too since I know my chem grade is super low.
Will I be able to get in? Please help!
Original post by Freds05
I am doing history chemistry and biology right now at A-level. I decided to change my degree last minute to history instead of neuroscience since I completely ****ed up my chemistry exam, and I've always loved history. (Btw please don't try to convince me to do science instead of history. I've made up my mind, I love history, and I don't want to go anywhere near science for at least the next few years since A-levels were genuinely traumatic for me).
I will probably get an A* in history and maybe an A in biology. Idk about chemistry, it could be a D or it could be a fail. Could I get into a good uni through clearing for history like this? I'd love to go to Birmingham, but I'm open to other options too since I know my chem grade is super low.
Will I be able to get in? Please help!

Why not take a gap year and apply normally rather than through clearing?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Why not take a gap year and apply normally rather than through clearing?

I'm desperate to move out asap and I don't know if I could do that if I took a gap year
Original post by Freds05
I'm desperate to move out asap and I don't know if I could do that if I took a gap year

Ok, fair enough though you will restrict your choice massively and will be at the back of the accommodation queue.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Ok, fair enough though you will restrict your choice massively and will be at the back of the accommodation queue.

I just worked out I could maybe get a C in chem if I do decently on the next paper. Maybe it would be ok then
Original post by Freds05
I just worked out I could maybe get a C in chem if I do decently on the next paper. Maybe it would be ok then

Hopefully! Perhaps you should wait till after your exams then throw yourself into researching history courses prior to clearing?

Quick Reply