The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool uni

I've put the University of Liverpool as my insurance choice - I've never visited the city and I don't know anyone there plus I'm in London so it's quite far away. Would appreciate advice/recommendations etc. from current Liverpool students/people who know students there/people who have also applied!! Oh btw I've applied to study Psych :smile:
I study engineering here at Liverpool, and just finished my first year. The course has been amazing and I have met so many new friends and have had the best time joining a sport and throwing myself out of my comfort zone and trying new things. I am not super into clubbing and nightlife and still enjoyed going out and have had a great time. My recommendation would be to join a sport, I joined lacrosse just because the people seemed freindly and it was one of the best decisions I made.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by dillrose_
I study engineering here at Liverpool, and just finished my first year. The course has been amazing and I have met so many new friends and have had the best time joining a sport and throwing myself out of my comfort zone and trying new things. I am not super into clubbing and nightlife and still enjoyed going out and have had a great time. My recommendation would be to join a sport, I joined lacrosse just because the people seemed freindly and it was one of the best decisions I made.

Thanks so much for your response, would you say most people join sport societies, or in there a range? Also, do you have to be really good at the sport to join, or can you be a beginner lol?
Original post by lanadeltay
I've put the University of Liverpool as my insurance choice - I've never visited the city and I don't know anyone there plus I'm in London so it's quite far away. Would appreciate advice/recommendations etc. from current Liverpool students/people who know students there/people who have also applied!! Oh btw I've applied to study Psych :smile:

Hi!

I can honestly say Liverpool is a great city for students - there’s always events on and things to do at affordable prices. It’s a compact city so doesn’t take long to get used to (especially compared to London) and also has cheap transport links to Birmingham/Manchester, etc. You can get the fast train to London at regular times in just over 2 hours - book in advance or get a railcard to save money!

I’ve just finished at John Moores University which is a vibrant, supportive uni so can’t speak for Uni of Liverpool too much, but I’ve heard the psychology courses are great at both. Either way, definitely recommend moving to Liverpool for uni!

Let me know if you have any more specific questions :smile:

Alice, LJMU student rep
Reply 4
Original post by LJMUStudentReps
Hi!
I can honestly say Liverpool is a great city for students - there’s always events on and things to do at affordable prices. It’s a compact city so doesn’t take long to get used to (especially compared to London) and also has cheap transport links to Birmingham/Manchester, etc. You can get the fast train to London at regular times in just over 2 hours - book in advance or get a railcard to save money!
I’ve just finished at John Moores University which is a vibrant, supportive uni so can’t speak for Uni of Liverpool too much, but I’ve heard the psychology courses are great at both. Either way, definitely recommend moving to Liverpool for uni!
Let me know if you have any more specific questions :smile:
Alice, LJMU student rep

Thanks so much for your response, really helpful!! All the best

i've also insured liverpool and i've only been there twice before! what uni did you firm?
Original post by eliaaaaa
i've also insured liverpool and i've only been there twice before! what uni did you firm?

edinburgh, you?
edinburgh, you?

That's such of a good uni! I firmed leeds
I was in the same situation as you, I hadn’t visited it and didn’t know anyone there and it’s far from me. But a lot of ppl from london go to uni of liverpool and like the other person said u can get a 2 hour train. The city’s a good student one because everything’s in walking distance and the ppl r quite friendly .

Quick Reply