The Student Room Group

clearing UCAS 2024

Hi,
this may seem like a silly question, but I was wondering how long clearing usually lasts or takes? Is it ok to have plans for the next day or do you need to be available for the next few days after results day in case unis try to call you? Thanks!
Depends on how completive both the Uni and the subject is.

Most 'top' Uni will have sold out within an hour or so on Results Day morning.
Other Unis may still be open to Clearing for weeks afterwards.
Original post by Hahaha2006
Hi,
this may seem like a silly question, but I was wondering how long clearing usually lasts or takes? Is it ok to have plans for the next day or do you need to be available for the next few days after results day in case unis try to call you? Thanks!

you need to be available on results day and the next few days so you're ready if any universities contact you - course places/accommodation may run out quickly if you're not on it. Preferably, being in school on results day is best so your school's application/university department can give you support
Reply 3
Original post by lanadeltay
you need to be available on results day and the next few days so you're ready if any universities contact you - course places/accommodation may run out quickly if you're not on it. Preferably, being in school on results day is best so your school's application/university department can give you support

do you think I should still go to plans that I have the evening the day after results day (16th august)? or should I cancel it just in case any unis decide to contact me or anything?
do you think I should still go to plans that I have the evening the day after results day (16th august)? or should I cancel it just in case any unis decide to contact me or anything?

depends how important it is I guess, if you can reschedule, I definitely would
Reply 5
depends how important it is I guess, if you can reschedule, I definitely would

surely unis wouldn't be calling after 5pm though right?

honestly I have no clue... I've had offers sent to me at 8pm at night haha

No Uni is going to call you - on the night before Results Day or at any other time.

If you need to be finding a place in Clearing - you call them from 8am on Results Day morning.

Read - Guide to A-level results day 2024 | The Student Room
Reply 8
honestly I have no clue... I've had offers sent to me at 8pm at night haha

is this through clearing?
is this through clearing?

No - they mean normal offers.
As McGinger says you call the university not them call you but you probably would have a mobile phone to be contacted on anyway.

What you might need to do is to visit or book accommodation. You might need to be available for that but it is more likely to be during the day than the evening.

Quick Reply