The Student Room Group

Least painful A-Level Choice for me?

Assuming you enjoy all of these equally what would you say would give me the most stress free time out of these 4 choices: Economics, Business, Law or Psychology? For background I'm better at math / memory and weaker at essays.

Thanks.
Original post by toewiggler9999
Assuming you enjoy all of these equally what would you say would give me the most stress free time out of these 4 choices: Economics, Business, Law or Psychology? For background I'm better at math / memory and weaker at essays.
Thanks.

Hey so it depends on a few things.
Are you going to collage or sixthform (AKA do you have to take 1 or 3 subjects)
It may depend on which exam bored they are. A few A levels still have part of the grade which is coursework
Psychology typically is quite essay based
Law is normally alright if you have a good memory
Business and economics definitely helps if your good at maths though I can’t speak to how essay based they are
Do not do business, time is so short in exam papers it is impossible to complete all the questions as they are essay based also. It isn’t all about maths either. I would say economics would be better for this and it is more respected by universities.

Psychology requires a strong memory but it is also very respected, maths is basic and the questions can be considered essay based.

Law is incredibly essay based, with some questions up to 35 marks depending on the exam board, I would avoid this as it is non stop writing and very content heavy.

All A Level subjects consist of a lot of writing, but some are worse than others. I think Economics or Business would be your best bet, but if you don’t understand the business content if you chose this, it would really damage your ability to do well whatsoever due to the time being cut so short during exams. For a comparison, most Geography exams many students finished as or a while before the time was up, for business, everyone still writes until the last moment with incomplete questions or half written answers.
i do alevel psychology and 25% of psychology is maths. The maths part is pretty basic except the statsictal testing. However there are essay questions like 16 markers
I did psych very essay based imo if I could go back in time i would do business or economics

Quick Reply