The Student Room Group

Can I hold the offer and join them the next year?

I am planning to apply this week for Uni, but I am afraid I will be able to join them from 2024 Sept. So can I apply this year and then hold the offer and join them the next year? Is it possible? If yes then break down the procedure, coz I dont think I will be able to join an Uni without Clearings.
Original post by riik112233
I am planning to apply this week for Uni, but I am afraid I will be able to join them from 2024 Sept. So can I apply this year and then hold the offer and join them the next year? Is it possible? If yes then break down the procedure, coz I dont think I will be able to join an Uni without Clearings.

You can apply now to defer your entry to 2025 but as the equal consideration deadline has passed your unis choices may be limited. The procedure is explained here:

https://www.ucas.com/faqs/how-do-i-make-deferred-application-2025-or-later

You wont be able to apply for a course in clearing and then defer entry. Clearing is to fill spaces on courses starting in Sep/Oct 2024.

What subject do you want to study?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
You cannot use clearing to defer an offer. We have been through this previously and if you want to use clearing you need to sort out your visa issues. Any year you apply you will have the same issues. It is against the site rules to continually raise the same issue.
Are you still taking your final exams this year?

Quick Reply