The Student Room Group

MSc Process Safety

Hi,

Hoping for some advice, I’d like to study the MSc in Process Safety at Aberdeen University on demand (distance learning), but if I’m going to go for it I’ll do some course specific pre study.

Can anyone who has studied, or is currently studying it give me some insight into any particularly difficult areas? I’m somewhat concerned about the maths as well so it would be helpful if someone could let me know what’s involved - that way I can review prior to applying.

A bit of background on me:
Currently studying the NEBOSH Diploma (SCQF level 10)
Completed HNC Chemical Engineering - so I have had a basic level of understanding of some engineering maths - but I completed it in 2010.

I’ve worked in oil and gas for the past 17 years with two of the majors in roles such as apprentice, production technician, control room operator, control of work area authority and in safety roles, so will have the practical understanding of most of the concepts.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks
Original post by Clayton8
Hi,
Hoping for some advice, I’d like to study the MSc in Process Safety at Aberdeen University on demand (distance learning), but if I’m going to go for it I’ll do some course specific pre study.
Can anyone who has studied, or is currently studying it give me some insight into any particularly difficult areas? I’m somewhat concerned about the maths as well so it would be helpful if someone could let me know what’s involved - that way I can review prior to applying.
A bit of background on me:
Currently studying the NEBOSH Diploma (SCQF level 10)
Completed HNC Chemical Engineering - so I have had a basic level of understanding of some engineering maths - but I completed it in 2010.
I’ve worked in oil and gas for the past 17 years with two of the majors in roles such as apprentice, production technician, control room operator, control of work area authority and in safety roles, so will have the practical understanding of most of the concepts.
Any advice appreciated!
Thanks
Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. First of all, thank you very much for your interest in studying with us! It might be difficult to find someone who has studied this exact course on the site unfortunately, but I can help you with finding out some more details on the course.

We have an enquiry form for our online courses here: https://on.abdn.ac.uk/enquire/
This will let you get a question to our online team who can provide you with some more details on what is exactly involved in the course and what the maths looks like in this course. Sorry I can't get you more of an exact answer here but do hope you find this helpful!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Reply 2
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. First of all, thank you very much for your interest in studying with us! It might be difficult to find someone who has studied this exact course on the site unfortunately, but I can help you with finding out some more details on the course.
We have an enquiry form for our online courses here: https://on.abdn.ac.uk/enquire/
This will let you get a question to our online team who can provide you with some more details on what is exactly involved in the course and what the maths looks like in this course. Sorry I can't get you more of an exact answer here but do hope you find this helpful!
- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the reply! I will use the link to ask some specific questions.

Quick Reply