The Student Room Group

Physician Associate with a 2:2

I want to apply for a Physician Associate Studies masters but I am going to have a 2:2. I graduate next month so I’ve calculated my modules and I know I will have 57%. I am doing Biomedical Sciences. I applied for the PA masters this year but could not attend my interviews as I was chronically ill, I had EC’s for my assessments but I did really bad. I was aiming for a first class but my illness really affected my studies. I told my uni about it and they there’s nothing they can do now.

I’m just feeling really hopeless about the future and feel like I’ve failed myself and wasted my degree. I don’t even know what I can do with a 2:2.

Have any Physician Associates or ones studying ever gotten in with a 2:2? I have lots of clinical experience as a HCA in various settings, how likely am I to get a place and at what unis?
a 2:2 obviously isn't great. my plan would be to really emphasise how your illnesses hindered your learning and demand to resit your poorest performing modules to raise your grade to a 2:1 at least. if not, prepare for the UCAT really well. ik that Manchester guarantees an interview to UCAT candidates scoring in the top third with a band 1 or 2. you say you have plenty of experiences so that's good. make sure to get good references from your academic teachers and possibly from the places you have experience. would be a good idea to contact universities too to find out what ur chances are like
Some unis will accept a 2.2 degree for the MSc in PA studies. Most want a 2.1 though. If you have EC, and it seems you do, then you could still get accepted anywhere. If you have attended a top UK university with a good Medical School, that will also help a bit.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by DiamondDia
I want to apply for a Physician Associate Studies masters but I am going to have a 2:2. I graduate next month so I’ve calculated my modules and I know I will have 57%. I am doing Biomedical Sciences. I applied for the PA masters this year but could not attend my interviews as I was chronically ill, I had EC’s for my assessments but I did really bad. I was aiming for a first class but my illness really affected my studies. I told my uni about it and they there’s nothing they can do now.
I’m just feeling really hopeless about the future and feel like I’ve failed myself and wasted my degree. I don’t even know what I can do with a 2:2.
Have any Physician Associates or ones studying ever gotten in with a 2:2? I have lots of clinical experience as a HCA in various settings, how likely am I to get a place and at what unis?

Bolton, bradford,hertfordshire all accept 2:2, its all about clinical experience and how well you can display yourself in an interview, don't worry🙂

Quick Reply