The Student Room Group

Could someone please mark my GCSE Polish Writing Practice Paper

I will attach it in replies + the mark scheme. Thanks a lot!
Reply 1
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by VoiidDev
I will attach it in replies + the mark scheme. Thanks a lot!

Sorted 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by remi133
Sorted 🙂

Thanks so much for your reply! How did I do?
Reply 4
Did you see the comments?
It's literally perfect. There are minor 'errors', but do not really take them to yourself. I'd still award you the maximum number of points. Is Polish your first or second language?
Reply 5
Original post by remi133
Did you see the comments?
It's literally perfect. There are minor 'errors', but do not really take them to yourself. I'd still award you the maximum number of points. Is Polish your first or second language?

Thanks so much for your very kind feedback and for taking the time to read response. Although my first language is English, I speak Polish with my parents at home everyday. Sadly I can't see the comments which you added. Please could you kindly send it on TSR. Once again thank you so much for your time and feedback.
Reply 6
Page 6
',' (In Polish, commas are used before certain conjunctions and relative pronouns, such as "które" (which), "ponieważ" (because), and others, to clarify the structure of the sentence and ensure proper understanding.
When I was at school, the word 'fajnymi' was deemed a colloquialism that should not be used in official or official-like letters. But things could have changed since then.

Page 7
It should be 'zasadÄ…' simply because
Zasadom: This form is the dative plural of "zasada" (rule, principle). It is used when "zasady" (rules) are the indirect object of a verb. The dative case often answers the question "komu? czemu?" (to whom? to what?).
On the other hand
ZasadÄ…: This form is the instrumental singular of "zasada." It is used when "zasada" is the means by which something is done, often answering the question "z kim? z czym?" (with whom? with what?).
So, the correct form in this sentence should be "zasadÄ…" because it is the instrumental singular form of "zasada."
After 'zasadÄ…' , comma.

Chciałbym studiować medycynę ',' aby (...) comma.

Page 16
Always put comma before 'aby', 'ponieważ', 'która' , 'ale', etc.

Page 17
(...) instead of wiele, - 'wielu'. Ponadto, doświadczenie w pracy może mnie nauczyć wielu umiejętności becasue
In your sentence, "wielu" is used because "umiejętności" (skills) is in the genitive case following "nauczyć" (to teach). The verb "nauczyć" requires the genitive case, and "umiejętności" is a plural noun. Even though "umiejętności" itself is feminine, the form "wielu" is used here due to the genitive case requirement.

The last sentence conveys the message, and in real life, every Polish person would understand what you mean. However, since it is an exam, the rules are strict. The last sentence grammatically makes no sense. Thus, let's change it a little bit.
'Też można nawiązać wiele kontaktów z różnymi ludźmi (,) dzięki takim doświadczeniom w pracy.'
I added (,) in the brackets because a comma might or might not be used in this sentence.

Page 20

Wow, if Polish is not your first language (or even if it is), congratulations. Chapeau bas :smile:
Reply 7
Dziękuję bardzo za poświęcenie czasu na przeczytanie moich wypracowań i za udzielenie tak cennych uwag. Jestem Ci bardzo wdzięczny.

Quick Reply