The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Women's only wing

On the accommodation questionnaire that's been sent out recently there's an option to select women's only wing if it's applicable to the college.
I'm unsure whether to opt for this or not.
What are people's thoughts?
Any Durham women currently in one?
Reply 1
Boost!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
On the accommodation questionnaire that's been sent out recently there's an option to select women's only wing if it's applicable to the college.
I'm unsure whether to opt for this or not.
What are people's thoughts?
Any Durham women currently in one?

Hey there

It really is a matter of your personal choices. Since everyone in a flat would share bathrooms, and you think you'd be more comfortable sharing with women, it would be a good option. I guess the option only exists so that people who feel uncomfortable sharing with men also feel included. I personally would go for a mixed flat just cause I don't mind who I share with as long as they're clean. It also means I can make friends with guys, not just girls.

-Himieka
Reply 3
Original post by Durham Students
Hey there
It really is a matter of your personal choices. Since everyone in a flat would share bathrooms, and you think you'd be more comfortable sharing with women, it would be a good option. I guess the option only exists so that people who feel uncomfortable sharing with men also feel included. I personally would go for a mixed flat just cause I don't mind who I share with as long as they're clean. It also means I can make friends with guys, not just girls.
-Himieka

Hi!
Thank you so much
Do you know if St Mary's has a women's only wing?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!
Thank you so much
Do you know if St Mary's has a women's only wing?

Hiya,

Yes, I believe St Mary's has a female-only wing which is the Boughton Wing. You can have a read through this as it tells you a bit more about the accommodation at St Mary's and the female-only wing 🙂

Hope this helps!

-Ghala

Quick Reply