The Student Room Group

Eduqas a level media

Anyone do this lmk how it is heard is such easy like 1/10 difficulty and what’s your other a levels and compare them
Reply 1
Original post by Brianstudy01
Anyone do this lmk how it is heard is such easy like 1/10 difficulty and what’s your other a levels and compare them

I did my A levels five years ago so I’m not sure how different it is. There’s quite a lot of theory to learn. I think it’s around 19 which you have to use across all of the essay questions on the exam. There’s also an analysis component which some people might struggle with (I know i did). But if essay writing is your thing then you should be fine. As for the coursework it depends which brief you choose but it is quite long. Hope this helps :smile:
not as easy as people make out. but also my alevels arent relatively challenging. i did media, photography, and religious studies. media is easy if youre good at english, essays and analysis. if you are good at remembering theories, great, but if you can write essays well and analyse and reason properly youll find the alevel a breeze. a lot of people struggle with the NEA (coursework) component and it is quite literally impossible to get a super high grade in it, but i would say youll struggle w that comp if you arent creative
Original post by emelianiloufar
not as easy as people make out. but also my alevels arent relatively challenging. i did media, photography, and religious studies. media is easy if youre good at english, essays and analysis. if you are good at remembering theories, great, but if you can write essays well and analyse and reason properly youll find the alevel a breeze. a lot of people struggle with the NEA (coursework) component and it is quite literally impossible to get a super high grade in it, but i would say youll struggle w that comp if you arent creative
Do you find media easier then photography or harder and is re your hardest and what examboard for photography and re???
Do you find media easier then photography or harder and is re your hardest and what examboard for photography and re???

i did aqa photography and am doing ocr rs

it’s difficult to say, i mean photography is all coursework so i definitely spent more time on that as for exam based subjects you can cram nearer to the time of the exam. and surprisingly photography required more writing overall. so i’d say that i found photography more difficult, because it required me to produce multiple unique ideas every single week and the workload was obviously more, whereas i think media is a case of memory and developing those analytical skills. i also am pursuing media at university so i guess its always been my strong point which maybe could make a difference - i know some ppl in my class had a’s in STEM subjects but in media were getting c’s.
religious studies is definitely my hardest subject - so much more content !!
i did aqa photography and am doing ocr rs
it’s difficult to say, i mean photography is all coursework so i definitely spent more time on that as for exam based subjects you can cram nearer to the time of the exam. and surprisingly photography required more writing overall. so i’d say that i found photography more difficult, because it required me to produce multiple unique ideas every single week and the workload was obviously more, whereas i think media is a case of memory and developing those analytical skills. i also am pursuing media at university so i guess its always been my strong point which maybe could make a difference - i know some ppl in my class had a’s in STEM subjects but in media were getting c’s.
religious studies is definitely my hardest subject - so much more content !!

So you recommend eduqas media over aqa photography overall
So you recommend eduqas media over aqa photography overall
yes 100%
in media the NEA component allows you to do photography and design anyway
also universities dont really respect photography as an alevel unless its what you want to pursue specifically whereas most now dont mind media as ppl recognise its v theoretical and similar to english
are you trying to decide between photography + media?
yes 100%
also universities dont really respect photography as an alevel unless its what you want to pursue specifically whereas most now dont mind media as ppl recognise its v theoretical and similar to english

So is media easier to get A and heard is a calm free subject lmk and did you do it at gcse and did you need to same with photography
yes 100%

Also do you have to draw in either subject bc I hate art because I’m bad at painting and drawing
So is media easier to get A and heard is a calm free subject lmk and did you do it at gcse and did you need to same with photography

i did BTEC media and gcse so it was very different
yes, i would say its easier to get a higher grade in media than photography. it is quite chill tbh - homework is usually watching/annotating stuff or essays which is fun.
you dont have to do media or photography at gsce to do them. you just need a 6 in english
in photography you dont have to draw. but if you dont you wont get higher marks as they expect you to use different art forms and proceses. i cannot draw for ****, but it doesnt matter. its just to show them you have experimented in different ways - i did stick men and sewing.

Quick Reply